Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Here's another reader interview.

I'm Lorraine, woman, mummy, avid reader and superhero at times. Because I have to be serious at work I tend to let myself go at home and am always up for a good laugh, especially if it's on me. I stopped reading due to lack of time, but I'm really making up for it now that I have my kindle. Everybody loves me and I love everybody !



1.What genre do you prefer to read?
It keeps changing. Sometimes I’m on a gore kick, sometimes I want a bit of romance. Sometimes I like to read something “in between”. I guess the common point to most of the books I read is a certain level of suspense. Give me boring and I’ll put the book down at the first occasion.


2.Is there a favourite book you’ve read more than a few times because you found the story so engrossing?
No. There’s not enough time in life to read all the books I want to read, so I don’t tend to re-read books. I did once though, a romance-type book, because I guess I wasn’t feeling loved enough and I just had to make up for it somehow !

3.Do you read paperbacks or ebooks more?
I’m afraid it’s ebooks every time… I’m a bit of a kindle freak and it’s much more convenient to read the kindle when walking, cooking, eating etc than a paper book.

4.If you have an ereader has your reading increased or changed in any way?
Yes, it totally got me reading again.

5.Have you ever thought of penning a book yourself?
No, I have the imagination of a lobster.

6.What makes a book an absolute must read in your eyes? Is it characterisation or plot that’s more important?
If I had a choice, it would be plot. But what makes a book an absolute must read is the number of recommendations and the fact that it’s a book that I show an interest in.

7.In the ebook world what do you consider is the best way to grab a reader's attention?
I don’t think I have experience enough of the ebook world to answer, but I guess a good title and good blurb is probably the most important.
Personally, I’d also say the level of interaction of the writer in the forum. I’m trying to go round all the authors on here, and I’m more likely to pick up a book from someone who I’ve been having chats with than someone who’s just put a thread in the author section and done nothing else.

8.Name 6 authors you’d invite to dinner.
Can I invite all the authors from the forum? And all the other members? And have a big party ?

9.If you were stranded on a desert island what three items would you take with you?
My kindle, my hubby, and my little boy… oooh just realised that makeup doesn’t make it on my list of priorities… there must be something wrong…


1 comment: